Monday 9 November 2009

Ow! Then Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Get out your violins and pack the submachine gun in its case - thanks to the equation of metal bar + kneecap = swollen knee I am, instead of making my way merrily to St Davids Hall to see Bryn Terfel in concert, sitting at home holding a sandwich bag full of frozen peas on my knee. I've used up every known swear word in the English language, invented a couple more and regressed to around about eight years of age in the space of a few hours and am only now (vaguely) acting my real age - which is far bigger than anyone's shoe size.

The cause of the indisposition? No - I don't owe loan shark Mad Lou any money - instead it's the idiotic design of train tables. Do the people who invent these things ever consider the fact that people have to propel themselves out from a seat using at least some forward motion? How about using a table that doesn't require a forest of hidden metal bars? How about padding them in some way? How about I be more careful in future? Ummmm, no - it's far easier to blame someone else for my knee.

Thankfully the concert is being recorded for TV - which is a tiny crumb of comfort at the moment.

I'd better be off as the peas are defrosting, but before I do I hope that everyone who's off to the concert tonight has a great time.

Okay, I'm lying.

I hope there's an electrical failure causing the performance to be rescheduled for a later date. Isn't that what one of Bryn's Bad Boys would say?

2 comments:

  1. Owwwwww... :-(( so sorry to hear that! Not fair! I get sent to bloody nowhere to miss all his concerts and now you knee is capped! What is it with Bryn that he will not sing for us??? Buaaaa.. not fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've caught him a few times this year so the run had to end somewhere - never thought it would be in Cardiff though...

    ReplyDelete